counter

Sunday, April 21, 2013

April 17, 2013 Letter

Hi Mi Familia!

So it's P-day still and I already emailed you but I'm really bored and everyone is asleep!  P-days are nice but there really isn't anything to do here when you aren't on a regular schedule!  We went and walked around, watching all the new missionaries coming in, i'm so glad it's not me!  I can't believe we've been here 3 weeks!  3 weeks MTC time is pretty long!  

Today some new english speaking missionaries are moving in, but it makes me sick because they will leave before me!  That is the worst thing ever!  Later today, I have to teach "Fernando" who is actually my teacher Hermano Rhodes, but when he's your investigator, it seems pretty real, they are all people who the teachers taught on their missions and are just acting as them,.  We have 2 other investigators, Guadalupe (Hermana Castillo) and Miguel (Hermano Savio).  They have some crazy backstories like Miguel cheated on his wife and Fernando is the son of a Baptist preacher.  Pretty intense!  Oh, I forgot to write this in the email.  So there is this thing at the MTC called "TRC" I forget what it stands fore but it's where members come to the MTC and are taught by the missionaries!  You guys should look it up and come dot it!  You just come and volunteer.  The missionaries practice on you!  It's way Fun!  It is probably one of the best things we do here.  You can just practice talking to them in Spanish and get to know them and stuff!  I'm sure they do it fore the english missionaries too.  You should do it :)  

So one nice thing about my branch presidency is that they really aren't super strict.  Like in some zones, you can only pass out the mail at night!  Which gives you absolutely zero time to read!  But like with other things they get on us about, like when we have to wear our suit coats, we HAVE to  button the top buttons and if we put our hands in our pockets they freak!  It's weird.   But we only have to see them Tuesday and Sunday so it isn't terrible!  

I am so lucky that I haven't gotten sick!  3 of the 5 of us have been sick and I still haven't.  I can't imagine trying to get through this schedule while being sick!  I got one headache but that's it!  Really crazy!  

Oh, one thing I haven't talked about is Sundays!  Well actually I guess you have the schedule, but it's way early sacrament!  And every week we have to have a talk prepared in Spanish on whatever topic it is!  And they pick the speakers on the spot!  It is the worst!  But I guess it's supposed to prepare us for randomly having to in the field.  Gosh, I am pretty sure I'm going to be here the for the six weeks.  I feel like Elder Turner just got super lucky somehow!  But oh well, I can make it if I have to!  

I haven't been going too crazy in gym.  A kid in my zone broke his ankle the other day, it's sketchy!  I've seen 2 elders go home in my hallway.  I think for health reasons but who knows!

I think I want my visa so bad because it's so close to home still!  It makes it rough!  I can't imagine what it will be like to finally leave!  I do feel kind of bad cause I always say that and talk about how we'll all see each other down there but Elder Peterson won't be!  (he is going to Columbia).  

Laundry isn't that bad.  I just do colors and whites.  I only have 3 shirts and 3 pants out which is really as much as I need in the whole week.  I'm seriously only using essential things here and keeping everything else ready to go!  I want to be ready if I get called and leave the next day!  

There are two Elders in my zone going to Mexico who are getting temp assignments tomorrow which sucks. Mexico just changed their visa policies I heard and so it's going to be really hard to get them in there!  But anyways, I love you all so much!  Always know I'm fine and just hoping my visa will come.  Don't stress though, if it doesn't it won't be the end of the world.  Plus a temp assignment would be cool!  Get to go 2 places!  Be safe, stay healthy and you will hear from me soon!  

Love Xavi

No comments:

Post a Comment