counter

Friday, June 7, 2013

He's Alive!

Ok, so this has been a long week.  We always here from Xavi on Mondays.  This week no email.  I told Ted if we don't hear from him by Wednesday we are going to call Peru....  Well, nothing!!  So, Ted calls and they tell him that they changed his p-day this week to Thursday because they have planned a trip to the temple!  Well, ok, but you have to let us know these things!!  He said they tracked him down and it was funny!  (He said, "I knew you would call mom"!  Your'e right I will call.  I told him that they need to let me know when things happen or I will call the First Presidency! HEHEHE  (I really would!!)  Anyway, needless to say he is fine and he knows that we love and miss him.  Here is his most recent letter and pictures from the Mission President!

Hey mom! Whew I will try to respond to everything on here!! I am seriously just always tired, but I can wake up without it being too bad now which is pretty cool, it’s really hard for my companion though, but I just yell at him and he jumps up, it’s really funny! 

For the window...eh we just shut the door, it’s in the back and it’s not really a problem, plus we don’t really have the time to fix stuff! But we have hot water now! Our neighbor rigged up our hot water thing, it’s like a little drizzle, but hey it’s hot!! 

The language is rough still but I can pretty much understand all, I just have to focus super hard every lesson and i can get whats going on but by the end of the day I understand less and less because I’m so tired of trying to figure out what they’re saying, but teaching is going great!

The little girl Bridgett is getting baptized the 15 of June along with a teenager named Patty! One of them will be my first baptism!! Awesome yeah??? and we have another baptism on the 22 of June!!  It is crazy how the lord puts us in peoples houses who are just ready to be baptized!! Last night we went to a couples house who the man is a less active and his wife is a non member, we were going to teach the importance of marriage and when we walked in they said they were ready to be married on the 22nd and that afterwards the woman wants to be baptized! What the crap? hahah it is so awesome! Transfers don’t happen until about the 17th of this month, I will most likely stay put and be in Lima for the rest of my mission! Which kinda sucks but hey it doesn’t really matter where I wanna be! It is sad though because Elder Turner is in the huancayo mission! So he won’t be in my mission anymore!! 

The dogs, eh it’s not so bad, they come at us sometimes but we just use the dazzer, throw rocks or use our book of Mormons to smack them! It’s pretty funny! 

It sounds like you are all having fun though with the young women’s stuff and with Mercedes going to t swizzle!!! That is awesome!!
Ah, that makes me happy about grandma too, she needs to enjoy herself and I hope she will! Tell her hello for me!!

Wow grandpa is 80!! that is crazy!! He’s getting up there; I hope you can fix his van!!

I went to the Lima temple today and the rooms are tiny but it was really cool, but also really intense in Spanish! But it was an awesome experience, I’m starting to blend in though, the presidency there is American and to the other Americans they were talking to in English and then started talking to me in Spanish! hehe they don’t know I can’t speak! We have zone meeting every week! But it’s not really anything special! We don’t ever see the president unless there’s a problem...so yeah!! 

This week was just full of work! I have one story, so we have these cases for our book of Mormons that have pamphlets and handouts and a book of Mormon to hand out, and during a lesson a huge spider climbed on my leg and the members said uhhh elder there’s a spider on you and I threw my book of Mormon at it and all my stuff went flying all over! Super embarrassing, but I killed it! Oh and one more, one of our investigators, we taught them the law of chastity and the next day they were sleeping in different beds! Awesome! Haha let me know if you have any more questions.

Love you mom and I hope everything is fine with you! I think and pray about you all everyday!! Take care!! write more qs if you have them!! 
Xav





Xavi and Brother and Sister Ardilla (Mission President)


1 comment:

  1. Funny! I love that you called!
    Are they all wearing slippers in the last picture?

    ReplyDelete